- Scooter had mostly a good day, but then a bit of a breakdown at bedtime. In the midst of his crying, he expressed a desire to be a baby again. I remember feeling that way at times, and it breaks my heart to think he already has those moments.
- I've also been remembering lately what it was like to grow up knowing I was different, even when I couldn't put my finger on what made me different. I think about this both in terms of how it has affected me (with new perspective since I've recognized my own autistic tendencies) and how Scooter will be affected himself.
- A movie has been filming on campus, and it got me thinking about how many places I've lived where there was some connection to the movie business.
- I've been contemplating adding a second blog and/or updating the look of my nest here. It's been on my to-do list since I was forced to switch to the new Blogger platform (and lost my Just Post buttons, which I still need to replace).
- I have an idea for a whole series looking at what I will and won't miss about leaving the big city and what I'm looking forward to or not in a small town. Lots of fodder there.
- After reading in bits and pieces for many weeks, I have finished Christopher Hitchens' God is Not Great. It's a book I received via Metro Mama's MBT blog. As promised back when I received my copy, review is coming.
Friday, August 17, 2007
A list for Friday
So many posts swirling in my head. Too many. And as a result I can't organize my thoughts enough to post on any one of them. Instead, have a list: