Friday, August 17, 2007

A list for Friday

So many posts swirling in my head. Too many. And as a result I can't organize my thoughts enough to post on any one of them. Instead, have a list:
  • Scooter had mostly a good day, but then a bit of a breakdown at bedtime. In the midst of his crying, he expressed a desire to be a baby again. I remember feeling that way at times, and it breaks my heart to think he already has those moments.
  • I've also been remembering lately what it was like to grow up knowing I was different, even when I couldn't put my finger on what made me different. I think about this both in terms of how it has affected me (with new perspective since I've recognized my own autistic tendencies) and how Scooter will be affected himself.
  • A movie has been filming on campus, and it got me thinking about how many places I've lived where there was some connection to the movie business.
  • I've been contemplating adding a second blog and/or updating the look of my nest here. It's been on my to-do list since I was forced to switch to the new Blogger platform (and lost my Just Post buttons, which I still need to replace).
  • I have an idea for a whole series looking at what I will and won't miss about leaving the big city and what I'm looking forward to or not in a small town. Lots of fodder there.
  • After reading in bits and pieces for many weeks, I have finished Christopher Hitchens' God is Not Great. It's a book I received via Metro Mama's MBT blog. As promised back when I received my copy, review is coming.
Not sure what I'll get to this weekend. We're off to a pirate festival tomorrow--the idea of that seemed to cheer Scooter tonight and calmed him down before he fell asleep. He was especially interested in the idea of attaching his pirate flag to his stroller so that it can be his pirate ship for the day. Arrr, matey.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I rather enjoyed God is Not Great. While I didn't feel that all of his arguments made sense, I was interested in his views on women and religion. If there was a career in it, I'd totally write a thesis paper on the subject.

I hope the pirate fest was booty-licious.

moplans said...

Pirate Day! I could have lent you my eyepatch.

Aliki2006 said...

A pirate festival! Sounds wonderful...It's amazing to me how small children can feel that sense of loss and fear about growing older.

Sigh.