Monday, July 07, 2008

Frivolities

My mind has been wrapped around any number of serious topics recently, so I feel a need to move to the shallow end for a bit.

I will be getting my hair cut this weekend. It’s been about a year since my last haircut, although it hasn’t grown as much this past year as I would have expected. Since I’m tired of always putting it up (ponytail, messy bun, braid, repeat), I will probably go chin length or shorter.

I am also debating the dress that I will wear to a friend's wedding in a couple weeks. I have two sleeveless dresses in mind. One is longer and dark green with butterflies screen-printed on it. The other is shorter and periwinkle. I'm leaning towards the latter, as it fits me again after a couple months of good workouts. My one reservation is that it clings a little more than the first dress and I fear that people might think I'm pregnant. I am actually, seriously thinking about getting a bodyshaper to wear under it. Which is so unlike me.

I stayed up late last night to watch The Fifth Element on TBS or some such station. Pretty much any time I come across it, I'll watch however much is left. What can I say? It's sci-fi candy for me.

Right now, the cheesy goodness of Star Wars VI: Return of the Jedi is playing in the background. The ewoks will always hold a place in my heart and I refuse to equate them to Jar-Jar Binks. And I'm reminded of the time a classmate tried to explain to me the appeal of Princess Leia in the gold bikini. I looked at him in disbelief. Obviously he had forgotten to whom he was talking; that scene was forever seared upon my young adolescent mind!

We're going to go see Hellboy II this weekend. And Dark Knight the next. Yes, comic book movies make me happy.

(Of course, I feel like I should do a little work so that I can properly enjoy my movies.)

3 comments:

Aliki2006 said...

I LOVE The Fifth Element--Scott got these new amazing headphones the other day and I listed to some of the film with them on and the sound effects were amazing...

moplans said...

am one handed here
body shapers do not work for me
if you find a good girdle let me know pls

Mouse said...

I bought some Spanx--Higher Power mid-thigh shaper. Tried it on with the dress last night. Still a tummy, but not as ample. I'm willing to wear the flirtier dress to the wedding now.

So glad to know I'm not alone in enjoying the Fifth Element. When Trillian and I first rented it, I didn't expect it to be all that good, but was won over. It doesn't take itself too seriously, even with the whole "saving human existence" thing--Bruce Willis plays well in that.