Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Dr. Horrible is truly wonderful

I have to imagine that most of you other Whedon fans already know about this--although Metro Mama's been busy bailing out her basement, Bea is currently buried in horrendous undergraduate essays, and most people have a life. But I must share.

I have been waiting for this for weeks and now it's here: Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog.

This was Whedon's response to the writers' strike. Faced with some down time, he figured why not create an internet musical. (This is Whedon, so I really could see the thought process running something like that. I mean, he did create "Once More, With Feeling.")

He rounded up a couple of actors who have been in previous Whedon projects (Nathan Fillion from Firefly and a few episodes of Buffy, Felicia Day from Buffy season 7) and then also got Neal Patrick Harris interested. Harris plays a villain-wannabe; Fillion is Captain Hammer. Both are interested in Day. Oh, and they sing.

The musical has been broken into three acts, each approximately 10-15 minutes. The first act became available today, the second will go live on the 17th, the third on the 19th. They all come back down on the 20th, but will then be available on iTunes for purchase. Somewhere down the line, a DVD should come out--with extra content. I read a quote from Whedon that there will be a commentary track in song. You can bet that's going right onto our wish list.

Earlier today, it was impossible to get to the site; the rush of traffic crashed it. That seems to have been fixed, however, as I had no problem viewing it this afternoon.

Do yourself a favor and take a look. It'll make your day!

2 comments:

Team Serrins Springfield said...

I've got it on my calendar to watch tonight!

Aliki2006 said...

oooh--I'm going to go take a look! Thanks for the heads up!