In the meantime, I've been working on a couple lists.
Things that keep me busy:
- Planning the final exam for the class I'm teaching.
- Writing practice exam for homework assignment.
- Perusing the MLS for our upcoming move.
- Reading about the US housing market and the fact that it's expected to bottom out sometime in 2008.
- Running calculations in my head that have come up with the following equation: time we buy house (most likely) = shortly before the market starts to go back up.
- Looking for further updates on the recent Lindsay Lohan news. (I'm weak.)
- Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert. The best way for me to get my news when I'm feeling down. I get to stay up-to-date and laugh at the same time. Luckily, for those times when I want to go to bed before 11 pm, they are replayed several times the next day.
- Robot Chicken and Tripping the Rift. I used to watch both of these in the US, the former on Comedy Central and the latter on Sci-Fi (after first discovering it in Launch Magazine, which used to arrive monthly on CD-ROM). Now I can watch them back-to-back, from 9-10 pm, on Teletoon. Good background noise for when I just want something on, great when I actually want to watch. Both are irreverent and tread the line between funny and so wrong--which is what I need right now.
- Pictures of my son. Especially when he's making a pirate face (arrrgh) or being a scary blue dinosaur (roar). Trillian and her mother both have been sending along pictures as they take them, so I've had a steady diet.
- Students. Especially when they passionately exclaim, "I love this class! It's so hard, but we have the best time!"