Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Laying low

It has certainly not been my intention to lay low. There are hundreds of things that have been running through my head. I've started a number of posts, but always stopped after a sentence or two.

I'm actually experiencing a very bizarre state of mind right now. Yes, I am stressed. The packers come tomorrow, the movers the next day. My last paper is due Friday, the same day I need to drive to Buffalo so that I can catch an early flight on Saturday.

But it's not entirely the stress that is messing with my mind. Not that I can even begin to explain how my brain's working right now.

I have no doubt that everything will get done. As far as the apartment goes, I know that at least I don't have to do the packing myself, removing a huge amount of the burden. But it doesn't mean that I won't be up late so that I can organize things and make sure all the things that are supposed to travel with me don't get packed up.

And the paper exists mostly in outline form. A pretty decent outline, actually. So the rest will get filled in. Won't be a brilliant paper, but I don't need brilliant, just passing.

So I'll probably be laying low for a few more days yet; there are just too many things to keep track of. Hopefully by the time I get my paper in on Friday, my mind will be working in a more linear fashion and the sentences will come a little more easily.

3 comments:

motherbumper said...

mmmmm yup, I'm all for laying low, gotta do it when the need comes up. Wishing you a smooth and seamless transition into post-move, post-school world.

moplans said...

hope things are going well and your paper is almost done!

Aliki2006 said...

I hope you get it all done--and that it goes smoothly...