Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Global Warming Wednesday: Welcome

It seems appropriate, even if it wasn't intentional, to start my new series on this, the one-month anniversary of the Social Justice Wedding between Mad and Jen. My impetus for introducing this new feature to my blog comes from that time. I had been down on myself for not living up to my old ideals--save the world from an environmental standpoint--and was wallowing more than was appropriate. The wedding, all those wonderful posts, made me step back and gain some perspective. So I resolved to figure out small steps, things that would move me in the right direction without being too big to sustain.

This is the next part of my plan. Every Wednesday (set nicely between my classes this semester), I will write about an environmental issue. I have some ideas and may even try to write about several aspects of a single issue in a month--that's the plan, although I'm not exactly sure how it will all play out. Once a month, my post will center on a change I intend to make in my life in order to lessen my impact on the environment. These will be small changes, some of them one-time, some requiring tiny changes in my life.

But small changes add up. Grains of sand. Tiny steps. Water on a rock.

4 comments:

Mad said...

Mouse, I am really, really looking forward to this series. There is so much I need to learn on this issue.

moplans said...

I feel so badly about myself in regards to what I should be doing better environmentally.
I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts and ideas.

Anonymous said...

mouse, i love it. what a tremendous idea. i can't wait to check it out.

cinnamon gurl said...

Ooh, great idea!

And so apropos given the crazy mild winter we're having in Ontario.