Monday, August 03, 2009

Cat, bag, etc

Originally, I had this grand idea. I would post the following for Wordless Wednesday:

And then on Thursday I would tell the story of two Julys ago when the first person who found out I was pregnant (for the third time, which would be my second miscarriage) was Bea, because our families were spending the day together and when we started discussing dinner options, I turned down one with a phrase like "I'm not eating feta right now" (which is immediately code for I'm pregnant, but don't want to say).

As it happened, the announcement ended up on Facebook today. Since nearly all of my core readership is on my friends list over there, it just wouldn't have the same impact.

Instead I'll say the following: I've just exited my first trimester, I'm due in early February, and we've been able to see and hear the baby several times now. I wrote a few drafts during the past few weeks about the first trimester and will be posting those over the next few days.

I'll also say that the nausea has pretty much passed, but I could do without the headaches that seem to have taken its place.

ETA: And since there are so many people from my department on Facebook, I feel I should tell my supervisor now, as opposed to a few days from now when I hope to have a draft of my paper (which, realistically, may or may not happen). I'm not looking forward to telling him that my comps are going to get extended by the length of this next leave of absence.

7 comments:

moplans said...

woot woot!

Aliki2006 said...

I congratulated you on FB, but I'll add it here, too. Would it be weird to tell you that I had a feeling you were pregnant? Some glimmer of something seemed to come from your writing--not sure what, or how, but I wondered recently, after reading your last post, whether or not you might be.

Congrats again!!

alejna said...

Congratulations!

karengreeners said...

Seriously?! Congratulations! That is awesome.

Bea said...

Hurray! I remember that day very well - and this day has been a long time coming for you guys. Fantastic news. I'll be very interested to read about Scooter's response to everything as it happens. (When Pie was born, Bub was wholly oblivious, so that's the one experience I feel I missed out on - the sibling's awareness and excitement.)

kate said...

Congratulations!!!

Sandra said...

I go away for a few days and the biggest news of the year happens!?!? Couldn't be happier for you and Trillian. Big, big, big hugs!!!